Monday 3 September 2012

Interest


I’ve just checked the balance of my Cash ISA and seen that I have been credited with £26.37 interest. It’s rather nice to be receiving interest after all those years of paying it.

It’s strange that all the while I was paying off debt and lurking on the TMF investment boards I was pretty sure that once I’d got a few thousand pounds saved I’d be straight in and buying shares. Now, however, I am quite happy just to keep my savings in cash, not least because I feel that the stock market is overheated and heading for a fall, probably sometime after the US presidential elections. I realise that goes against the ‘strategic ignorance’ ethos preached by the HYPers but for now I just feel more comfortable with cash, even if it is being eroded away in real terms by inflation.

Best wishes,

Gostevie

1 comment:

  1. Pity the interest rate for saving is not the same as you were paying for your debt. But getting interest is sweet!

    ReplyDelete